Can’t Sell Your House? – Bristol Property Buyers Tips On Selling Your Home
Last year only half the houses on the property market sold. For some of these houses, the reason was because the seller had not maximised the house’s full potential or the house was not as ‘up together’ as a potential buyer may have liked.
There are several things a seller can do to make their property more attractive and obtain a fast sell.
If you want to get a definite sale on your house follow these simple steps:
- Telephone Bristol Property Buyers on 07747429809 or 07500 771191
- Give us your address
- Consider our (fair and reasonable) cash offer
- Agree to the sale
At Bristol Property Buyers we have cash waiting to buy any house in Bristol. If your property is not selling because it is run down – it is the perfect house for us. We don’t mess about – we will look over the property and make you a fair offer for it. Once agreed, we handle all the legal paperwork for you. You get a definite sale, without paying Estate Agent fees, and the money in your bank (normally) within a week. We are a family owned and run business who have built up our business on ‘word of mouth’ and by building a great reputation.
Call us today on 07747429809
Alternatively, if you want to try and sell your house, you may need to follow these tips (however they are time consuming, require you to spend money and still don’t guarantee a sale):
- Freshen up any dull looking rooms with a lick of paint. It doesn’t have to be expensive paint, and a covering of magnolia can make all the difference, plus a neutral colour is easy to accessorise.
- Replace any worn looking carpets. Again, no need to buy expensive ones, but a plush pile looks heaps better than a threadbare worn out one.
- Price your property competitively, people are always looking for a bargain. When choosing an estate agent to sell your property, do your homework. Speak to past clients and see what their reputation is. Do they seem excited and enthusiastic about your property? Is it one they think they can sell for you? What’s their track record for selling properties?
- Replace old tired looking bathrooms or kitchens. You don’t need to spend a fortune on this. A cheap replacement can make a house more appealing. Go for a neutral colour to make them look clean and fresh. Ensure any grouting is clear of mould and hang fresh towels. Invest in a new shower curtain.
- Make the gardens look nice. Cut the grass, remove weeds and clear any paths so potential buyers can walk through it. Repair any broken fences, and give worn doors a fresh lick of paint. First impressions count.
- Declutter your house but don’t de-personalise it. Put away any unnecessary knick-knacks but don’t make it look like a hotel room. Potential buyers like to see how they could live in a property so it’s good to look homely. Consider rearranging furniture to give a more spacious feel if some rooms are on the smaller side.
- Make sure your house is clean. A fresh smelling, sparkling house is more likely to appeal than one with stale odours and smeary windows and mirrors. If you can’t clean the outside of the windows, ask a local window cleaner. Empty bins and if you have a cat which uses a litter tray, remove this also.
- Mirrors can give the impression of a larger space. Consider putting one up in smaller rooms to create a lighter, brighter room.
- Accessorise your home by making sure appropriate fitting curtains or blinds are at all windows. Naked windows can make a house feel unwelcome and run down.
- Add a vase of fresh flowers to a room to add colour and scent.
- Ensure beds are made, especially when the estate agent is taking photos to entice potential buyers. There’s nothing more off putting then a house looking like the owners have left in a hurry that morning.
- If there are any smokers in the household, open windows to remove the smell. Bowls of vinegar left out for 3 days can help eliminate stale smoke smells, however ensure the bowls are removed before any viewings!!
Following these tips should help maximise your property’s full potential and make it more appealing, and could encourage a fast sell!!
Or sell your house TODAY to Bristol Property Buyers